Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 15 - Steelhead Extra Pale Ale

Today being Valentines Day, what better way to celebrate my true love than to drink a beer named after a fish. (ssshhh, no one tell Ellie I said that.... :>) )


I guess that "extra pale" means it is just a handful of extra hops past a lager, as this one is rather mild and golden yellow, with only a dash of the dry finish one would expect. Another very easy to drink brew, good for any season, but it doesn't take any risks. Sure, if someone gave me a 6 pack I'd drink it, but not feel particularly sad when it was gone. A good choice for someone who wants to look like they run the fringe of beer drinking, without really straying too far from mainstream flavor.


Full Name: Steelhead Extra Pale Ale
Brewed by: Mad River Brewing Company
From: Blue Lake, CA

Thanks to Uncle Bill for this one. He did a very good job of picking beers that I have never had before, and I look forward to the others!

1 comment: