Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 20 - Regia Extra

Sometimes, it is all about looking for a bold, new taste to challenge the tastebuds, and there are days like today where it it is all about quantity.....

I found this one last weekend at the local asian food market while Ellie was waiting to check out, and felt the karma as soon as I hefted the bottle - and saw the price was the same as regular size. This is 32 oz of nothing but pure golden yellow, basic lager. Not big on surprises, nor taste for that matter, but hey, let me spell it out - thirty two ounces - for what I had been paying for some 12s...... If I was having a party and could buy this by the keg, I'd be all over it, and for that matter, just for the fun factor of a fridge full of 32 oz bottles, this would be a great party beer as far as bang for the buck. Nothing would be more manly than standing there holding one of these babies in your hand...... (that is a quarter taped to the front, for perspective)



Specs:

Full name: Regia Extra

Brewed by: Cerveceria La Constancia, SA

From: San Salvador, El Salvador

ABV: 5.3%


My normal MO when writing this blog is to drink the beer whilst writing it, to get the full impact and inspiration. I usually have finished the beer by the end. Admittedly, this proved a bit of a challenge given the circumstances, but I try and rise to each occasion (for isn't that what it is all about) and couldn't let a little thing like 32 oz get in the way of tradition.....

BTW, if you read this, and haven't already, please sign up as a follower! I appreciate comments and any recommendations, and plan to stop at the store tomorrow and replenish the pipeline. Coming soon will be some porters and stouts, so that my younger brother will stop the girl cracks.....

1 comment: