Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 17 - Rye Pale Ale

Another from the "Uncle Bill" collection, who being a Maryland grad, must have gravitated to this one for the label, though admittedly, a pic of a banjo-plucking turtle in a straw hat would have caught my eye as well.

Still, the bottle/label doth not a beer make, and so, with no way to avoid its date with fate, and to fullfill it destiny, it comes to the point when cap is removed, a shot poured for posterity, and the first swig experienced.




Oh baby......

Per the label, this one took home the gold medal in 2002 at the Great American Beer Festival in the pale ale category, which means I've lost 8 years plus of being able to savor its silky dryness. Ah well, doesn't do to look backwards, and I should be happy that we now can have a future together..... ;>)


Full Name: Rye Pale Ale
Brewed by: Terrapin Beer Company
From: Athens, GA
ABV: 5.5%


If you come and visit, and ask me if I have any of this in the fridge, I might be inclined to bend the truth, depending on whether I think you worthy or not, though to be honest, sometimes it isn't about quantity, but quality, and hoarding this for mass consumption just seems wrong.

1 comment:

  1. So I had their Hopsecutioner tonight (3/31) on tap. I strongly suggest you try it. Very tasty with a clean finish. I admit, I often find I am the last to finish a pint when in a public setting. i was surprised to finish that not only had I finished first, but I was very ready to get another. Only an empty stomach and need to drive home prevented that.

    ReplyDelete