Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 5 - Singha Lager

One of the great things about this is that I make the rules! I have been drinking Singha for almost 20 years, but always only at the local Thai restaurant. I can walk into the place to pick up a carry out order, and the bar guy knows to put one of these in front of me while I wait (and I never order ahead of time.... ;>) ). So, seeing it as a single at the store was too much to resist. Here are the specs:

Name: Singha Lager

Bewed By: Singha Corporation

Locale: Bangkok, Thailand

Brewed Since: 1933

Needless to say, I really like this beer, and when I close my eyes while drinking it, the sounds and smells of the restaurant tickle my inner self. It's just a clean, crisp lager, sure to satisfy many tastebuds. I'm not quite at the place where if I could only pick one beer to have on a desert island, it would be this one, but it would make the short list. I'd definitely buy a case, if I didn't enjoy the ritual of getting them at Thai Luang.

We are expecting a major snowfall starting tomorrow (up to 2 feet). I have maybe 5 different types of beer left in the fridge, so am not concerned......

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. does bring back good memories.. maybe not of the wild pork...

    ReplyDelete